At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
TRUECar is looking for senior Ruby and Rails/Sinatra developers to join their team in San Francisco. The full job posting follows.
We are TRUECar, and we’re changing the way cars are sold.
Who Are We? TRUECar, Inc. is a revolutionary Internet company whose mission is to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. Driven by industry leaders, successful entrepreneurs and superior technologists, we are growing quickly, and we’re looking for energetic new talent.
Why TRUECar? We ranked 209 on the 2010 Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Companies in America. We use lean startup / agile development processes. We leverage our speed and ideas to be the David who dances with the automotive Goliaths. Lone wolves No: great teammates Yes.
Who Are We Looking For? Right now, we’re looking for a Senior Ruby (Rails/Sinatra) Developer to build the technology used to power our production websites, APIs, widgets, and internal tools. We’re lucky enough to have an amazingly great (and fun) team and are smart enough to know that only by keeping our team’s DNA at the top of the chart can we continue to grow into the game-changing company we feel destined to be.
- Highly energetic team committed to a great product and culture
- Fully funded company – built-in financing & exit strategy PLUS great upside
- Highly experienced industry and start up veterans
- Growing, viable revenue streams
- Possess a burning internal goal of creating game-changing product
- Will leave your ego at the door and thrive in healthy debate
- Have passionate integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance
- Can work productively together with and learn from other top-level players
- Are a world-class developer looking for the right team & opportunity to really make an impact
What we need from you:
- Expert-level knowledge of Ruby on Rails (2 years+), Sinatra is a plus
- Have delivered great technology quickly and understand how to ship in a fast-changing environment
- Well versed in Agile processes / TDD / Continuous Integration
- Good communicator and team member
- Smart and gets things done – you have a can-do attitude for anything from server setup and build maintenance through to QA and feature delivery
- Thorough experience & understanding of:
- Rails up to 3 / Ruby 1.9.2, MySQL
- RSpec 1.x / TDD
- Git / Capistrano
- Bonus points for these – else an interest and ability to learn quickly:
- Sinatra / Unicorn
- MongoDB / Redis / Thinking Sphinx
- Linux and/or OSX Development (we use RubyMine)
- Webrat / Selenium / ScrewUnit / Jasmine / Cucumber
- Facebook Connect-JS API
- Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS
- Data feed management and integration
- High-availability issues (deployment, monitoring)
- Anything mobile (iPhone / iPad, Android, etc)
We get that this skill set doesn’t come cheap. So of course we offer a highly competitive salary and a wealth of great benefits including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy 401k. Add that to an environment with world class leadership, explosive growth, passion for fun, and great work. We are constantly evolving our employee perks, like gym reimbursements, referral and patent bonuses and incentive programs.
Interested? Let’s connect! Please send your resume, cover letter, and links to your portfolio to Molly Sigworth, firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only, no recruiters.