- BitBucket now has Git support. Unlimited private repos for free.
- If you’re using RVM in a shell script, it’s a good idea to call it with
sh -c. RVM does weird things to your shell, and we’ve seen it exit the calling process unexpectedly. Do something like
sh -c "rvm exec gem install chef" to safely use RVM.
- Kris mentioned that when writing complex migrations, you should consider testing them. You can write a test that asserts on the state of the DB before and after the migration runs up and down. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
- Firefox 9 will have support for the CSS font-stretch property. Finally! See this bug report from 1999.
- We were seeing one to two seconds of clock drift every twenty seconds on a VM running Ubuntu. If you start seeing this on your VMs, do not use ntpdate to fix it. Install the guest additions from your VM software. It’ll set up the clock to sync with the physical clock on the host machine. Much nicer!