- Testing blocks. If you have a block and you want to spy on the internals as it executes, what do you do? Suggestions were:
- Have each method called internally throw a symbol and check for that.
- Turn it into a proc, and set expectations on that.
- Stub the methods being called internally and set expectations on those.
- pass the block to a spy object.
Other suggestions welcome. The project is using rr, which apparently can’t do this last option, though that would be ideal.
- Routes in Rails are case-sensitive? /products/1/edit and /Products/1/edit don’t both resolve to the same place (unless you specify in routes.rb). Rumor has it that the RFC for URIs says that the path portion of a URL is case-sensitive, as opposed to the case-insensitive domain name.
If anyone wants to read through that document and confirm…feel free.