(Title: Standup 11/31/2000: Something Interesting from the post)
Ask for Help
“Storage free/DB-less ActiveRecord (in Rails 2)?”
This seems to be readily available in Rails 3. For those who would not like to upgrade their projects, the following options have been suggested:
- ActiveHash & ActiveYAML by our very own Jeff Dean.
- ActiveRecord::Base Without Tables
- The initial query was for form validations, so the ActiveForm plugin may be of use here.
“Restricting ActiveRecord API?”
Sometimes you want extra assurance Bad Things are not being done by the wrong users. Possible solutions to lock permissions and such:
- User plugin from our Socialitis project
- A mysterious plugin known as Alcatraz, link not available at this time.
- Rails 3 controllers will run after_filters if you return false in the before_filter. This is deemed to be good behavior, but be aware of it.