Ask for Help
“Any issues with git-submodules in projects?”
Comments from Pivots regarding git-submodules:
- Heroku doesn’t currently support them
- You could use Bundler to include your potential submodules as a dependency.
“What do we do about spam on our blog posts? Disable comments?”
Our blogs have a forthcoming spam filtering service. Hopefully we will see this deployed soon! Until then, filtering is manual.
“What are people using for role-based permissions?”
- declarative_authorization plugin
- CanCan plugin is noted to be possibly a lighter weight solution for simpler cases.
- Enabling auto-flushing in Rails 3 should be done with care, as it can cause exceptions to be thrown when combined with nested permissions in possibly unexpected places.
- When using default_scope, there is still issues with ordering your scopes in Rails 3.
- Rails 3 automatically escapes user input thus adding a layer of protection against XSS attacks.