- Rails Gotcha: If you name a Rails Migration class the same name as an ActiveRecord class, you will get a non-obvious “superclass mismatch” error.
Date.now() is not supported by Internet Explorer! Firefox is fine. If you use
Date.now(), the cryptic and maddening “Object does not support this property or method” will be your reward. Cross-browser solution:
- Brown Bag Lunch today: Rails performance testing.
Ask for Help
- “Any JQuery experts in the house?” Unfortunately not, since most of us have used the Rails-favored Prototype libraries.
- If anyone has unbiased hosting service recommendations we would love to hear them. We’ve used several companies with mixed results.
- Rspec: “Does Rspec support all of the various route testing helpers that Rails’ Test::Unit extensions has?“. We think the answer is “yes” because Rspec extends Test::Unit, but we’ll have to research that one.
Total Stand-up Meeting Time: 15:00 minutes