At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
SocialStay, is looking for Rails and Mobile developers to join their team in Santa Barbara, CA. The full job posting follows.
Do you like working on the cutting edge? Do you find yourself torn between web and mobile development? Do you write tests in your sleep, eat ruby for breakfast and live to refactor? Then SocialStay just might be the place for you!
SocialStay is a funded startup located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA. Our founders are experienced entrepreneurs with a history of success. Our platform is right at the intersection of everything cutting edge in the technology space — We’re developing a web application in Ruby on Rails to configure and generate mobile applications for iPhone, Android and Blackberry. Our first target market is the hospitality industry and they’ve been signing up like crazy just to get their hands on our tech.
We’re forming a core local team of ninja-like, rockstar-ish, pirate-esque developers in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Strong Computer Science Background You haven’t worked with our technology because we’re inventing it. Number one requirement is a strong CS background and the ability to adapt.
- Experience With Agile Development Or a strong curiosity / desire to learn. We do serious agile: test driven development, continuous integration, weekly sprints, aggressive refactoring and a heap of collaboration. Best part — developers define the process from day 1.
- Experience Building Web Applications -OR- Building Hardcore Mobile Apps If you’re a badass at one and have always been curious about the other, this is a great opportunity for you! By Hardcore Mobile Apps, we mean apps that have a server component.
- Ruby on Rails 3
- Mobile Platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry)
- Bay Area Competitive Salary + Stock Options
We’re big believers in kicking ass at our jobs and having fun while doing it. This is your chance to get in early at Santa Barbara’s next big tech company.
If you’re a talented and enthusiastic developer looking for a brand new challenge, drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org