At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
SideReel, a three-year-old San Francisco company, is looking for a Rails Developer to join their team. The full job posting follows.
We eat Rails for breakfast, Gems for snacks!
Ruby on Rails you say?
Yep! We may be a profitable 3 year old startup, but SideReel is brand new to Ruby on Rails. But unlike other startups, we’ve got some serious traffic and intend to put Rails to the test. Someone once told us we were crazy to re-write our app in Rails, but they were really lazy so we ignored them. If you’re looking for a fun challenge to sink your coffee-stained teeth into, you’ve just found it.
What’s a SideReel.com?
Only the best website in the world for finding, tracking and watching TV online! Check it out, srsly. We’ve also got: millions of users who love us as much as we love them, a wicked cool dev team that works and plays together, a killer office in the top floor of an old brick office building south of Market Street in San Francisco, $$$, vacation time to spend it, a giant chunk of the company (aka equity) and fully-paid benefits.
Tell me about the job already!
Cool! We need an experienced Ruby on Rails web dev to become a core part of our team for the long-haul. Process-wise, we use a test-driven approach to engineering including most elements of Extreme Programming. We work at a sustainable pace and do rapid product iterations, frequent prototyping, and have a fanatical belief in user feedback. We test early and often. We’re very interested in how we can improve how we do what we do.
The ideal candidate is a Ruby/Rails expert who:
- Has shipped multiple high-traffic Rails sites
- Has published or maintained a Ruby Gem or Rails Plugin
- Is generally really awesome at stuff
You should be skilled in many of following areas:
- jQuery + Rails
- Cucumber/Integration testing
- Other skillful stuff
You must be at least this tall to ride:
- Have shipped a Ruby (with or without Rails) web project
- Love working with and in teams
- Be excited about Agile software development
Please respond with at least 2 of the 4 following pieces of information:
- What previous projects are you particularly proud of?
- Where did we leave our keys / do you have them?
- What are your favorite agile development practices, and how have they helped you?
- What excites you about software development in general?
To apply, pls send interwebs mail to email@example.com with answers to the above and your resume.