- Any experience with HTML5 SSE?
I want to try out HTML5’s Server-Side-Events (http://www.igvita.com/2011/08/26/server-sent-event-notifications-with-html5/) in my Rails 3.2 application. Any experience or thoughts on how to integrate?
The basic flow will be:
- User does some action
- Browser sends RESTful POST to server
- Server then re-broadcast’s event to all other clients using SSE
- Clients consume and refresh their views
- Is it worth the pain to deploy jruby /warbler /tomcat?
A current client is designing their production deploy architecture and there is a lot of resistance to a nginx/unicorn/rails stack.
Is it worth exploring jRuby inside Tomcat?