At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Red Rover is a profitable start up on a big mission – to accelerate the development of human potential by better organizing and connecting communities. Over 30,000 people use our software to connect to other people who share their passions and discover relevant information in their community. This work involves Ruby, HBase / Hadoop, and Lucene among other things.
You are a great Rails developer looking for a start up with the right mix of possibility and humility. You respect what it takes to have paying customers using your app. You respect what it takes to keep those paying customers. You also believe in dedicating your time to a project that is doing something worthwhile for the world. In short, you share our values.
If you want to be our lead developer, step up and claim it. You’ll be pairing with Pivotal Labs, our development partner, which means great process and learning from the best. From there, it’s up to you to impress with your ability to work well with a team, provide steady guidance, share and communicate solid ideas that move the project forward, and showcase a keen understanding of the vision.
- 2+ year experience with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, must have a proficiency with the entire Ruby on Rails stack.
- 4+ years of Java, PHP or equivalent platform experience (including related DB experience such as MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, etc).
- Enthusiasm for test driven development, agile development, pair programming is a must. We’re happy to teach these things if your last shop was lame and didn’t think this would be “worth the effort”.
- Strong passion for education and collaboration.
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience (we really like experience).
- Ability to Do More Faster.
- Professional ping pong experience (we have a table and are competitive).
In return, we’re offering:
- Competitive salary and options.
- Free breakfast, really f-ing good coffee.
- Partnership with a small team who cares about your success.
- Really great technical challenges with a team able to tackle them.
- Awesome work environment in Union Square, NYC.
Email me at email@example.com with some intro, links to your social media presence (esp stackoverflow, quora, github, twitter, etc), and example projects you’ve done in the past. See if you can pull off not sending a resume. If not, send that thing over instead.