At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide is helping clients interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: test-driven development, rapid iterations, frequent refactoring, etc.
Here is a job posting from Revelation, a former Pivotal client looking for a lead Rails developer.
Rails Developer – Portland, OR
Revelation creates tools that help people understand other people. Our offerings are used for market research – helping companies better understand their customers to make better things. Our customers include some of the world’s leading research and consumer companies. Our culture is one that encourages the intellectually curious and intensely creative.
Are you entrepreneurial in spirit? Do you have the desire to not only improve product, but improve process and tools? Are you passionate about test-driven and agile development? And most important of all, are you ready to make the leap from skilled developer to leading a rails development team?
Come add your experience and thought-leadership to an incredible team. We are looking for someone with great code and people skills, who wants to take on a leading role in the development of our product and our practices. Reporting to the CTO, this position will be responsible not only for developing a great product, but also helping to create a solid foundation for an expanding team.
Candidates need to come to the table with the following:
- 3-5 years of experience building web applications
- Strong background with ruby and rails
- Experience with relational and non-relational data modeling
- Experience with virtualized environments (Xen/EC2)
- Experience with test-driven development and agile software practices
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Even better if you have:
- An active github account with contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with Objective-C/iPhone and mobile development
We offer generous stock options, health insurance with vision coverage and a great work environment. If being a key part of the core team of a young, growing company is appealing to you, then let’s talk.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com