At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Portico by Exclusive Resorts® www.porticoclub.com is a new private club that provides access to a growing portfolio of incredible luxury vacation homes in the world’s best destinations, combined with personalized pre-trip planning and expert concierge service. Portico leverages the unmatched track record and expertise of Exclusive Resorts®, the company that has set a new standard for luxury travel and has provided more than 150,000 exceptional vacations for tens of thousands of its members and their family and friends.
We are looking for a developer to help create an exceptional, custom-built luxury travel solution for our rapidly growing member base and portfolio of homes. Responsibilities include interpreting requirements to identify and evaluate solution alternatives, developing and deploying high-quality applications. You are expected to consistently produce reliable, scalable, high-performance technology solutions using modern design and development patterns. You will be an integral component of strong, tightly-knit, collaborative development team working with a product owner and other key internal business stakeholders.
- Proven experience in development of flexible and scalable web-based applications
- Passion for technology, specifically software development
- 1+ years of experience with Ruby language and the Rails framework, be proficient with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- 3+ years of hands-on web development, demonstrating:
- Sound object oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Proficiency with relational databases, including design and development
- Working knowledge in development of MVC-based web solutions
- Ability and desire to thrive in an Extreme Programming environment, including pair programming
- Competency managing source control and automated build processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies such as SCRUM and/or XP
- Working knowledge with test-driven development and related frameworks (preferably with RSpec and/or Test::Unit)
- Working knowledge of associated platforms and technologies, including Linux and Apache