Pivotal Labs is a recognized leader in agile software development practices. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients. We are currently looking for experienced, creative designers to join our team and help us continue to innovate in the field. We have openings for designers with a variety of backgrounds, including: Design Research, User Experience, Interaction, and Visual Design.
Design for Web and Mobile Applications
- Maintain a user-centered approach in your design perspective and practice.
- Work as an effective and communicative team member with clients, developers, and fellow designers.
- Develop brand identities and logos for start-up companies.
- Develop visual systems and style guides to support app development.
- Work in different aesthetic styles as appropriate to product and industry.
- Determine best practice approaches and lead the client through our process.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Conduct user testing interviews and analysis.
- Produce deliverables for clients and developers including mockups, live style guides, and assets.
- Effectively prioritize work based on deadlines and input from clients and developers.
- Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical. Be collaborative and communicative.
- Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology. Be committed to lifelong design learning.
- Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies.
- Have experience working independently with clients.
- Have experience with web applications and/or mobile.
- Show command of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
- Have strong typography skills
- Work effectively under deadlines and manage multiple priorities with evolving requirements.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe CS6: Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- 1+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
- 2+ years experience in related field. Bachelors degree in design-related discipline (preferred, but not required).
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking more amazing designers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.
Click here to apply.
Pivotal Labs/EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Pivotal Labs/EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed ‘EMC Agency Fee Agreement.’