As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide. Our award-winning agile project management tool enables real-time collaboration around a shared, prioritized backlog. It’s a great app, yet we have lots of ideas for how we’d like to improve it.
We are looking to grow our design team with someone who is strong in all the skills needed to see a project through from concept to implementation.You will work through understanding our users and everything they like and dislike about managing work.
On the design team, we take pride in the craft of designing Pivotal Tracker: coming up with ideas, testing them against our peers across the company & our users as well as taking a leading role alongside our engineers in making sure our designs are well-implemented.
Help us take Pivotal Tracker (award winning, used by 500K people around the world) to the next level and transform how the world writes software
● Maintain a user-centered approach in your design perspective and practice.
● Work as an effective and communicative team member with developers, and fellow designers.
● Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
● Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
● Conduct user testing interviews and analysis..
● Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical. Be collaborative and communicative
● Produce deliverables, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets.
● Effectively prioritize work based on deadlines
● Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology. Be committed to lifelong design learning.
● Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies.
● Have experience with web applications and/or mobile.
● Experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
Interested in becoming a Pivot?
Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.
Click here to apply.
Pivotal Labs/EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Pivotal Labs/EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed ‘EMC Agency Fee Agreement.’