As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We’re seeking a high calibre Technical Recruiter to join the recruiting team. This role will interface and provide staffing consultation to Hiring Managers, Recruiters, candidates and with employees from various departments and different divisions of Pivotal. The ideal candidate exhibits a high attention to detail, patience, teamwork, motivation and an upbeat attitude. This is a contract position based in either our Chicago or Denver offices.
Responsible for recruitment, screening, and selection of candidates for salaried and hourly technical, non-technical, management, and administrative positions for the Mid-West Region (Boulder, Denver, Chicago). May also be responsible for hiring contractors and temporary employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Broad application of recruiting tactics, theories, and concepts.
- Build recruiting strategy for each position leveraging experience and knowledge to attain high results in efficient time
- Exercise current recruiting methods and create innovative ones to attract the best and brightest talent.
- Represent the company externally via local recruiting-related events, Meet-Ups, socials, and conferences
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside contacts. Represents the organization on projects and may perform in a project leadership role.
- Consistently communicate and partner with business units and leaders- maintaining a high pace of communication and transparency. Evangelize the recruiting team, recruiting programs, and recruiting support within office leadership.
- Contributes to the development of organization’s goals and objectives.
- Will represent the broader Recruiting organization in the office, often working independently (but with constant support from the team) to make decisions, act effectively, and do the right thing.
- Partner closely with our HR Team on ensuring local employment laws, regulations, and guidance is adhered to, while making sure to create an exemplary candidate experience.
- Work with local Universities and institutions to engage interns and Co-Ops, and build key relationships with faculty.
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices.
- Extensive travel within the Mid-West Region.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven recruiting experience in a technical environment implementing a wide range of staffing programs.
- Software engineering knowledge in web/mobile applications
- Experience recruiting for all levels and roles from administrative to management
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with an ATS preferred
- Strong computer skills in Google Mail, Drive, Calendar
- Someone who’s fun, believes in a work hard/play hard atmosphere, likes an ever-changing challenge, and has a high sense of team-work and collaboration.
Interested in becoming a Pivot? Please apply by submitting your Resume and a Cover Letter to the below link:
Click here to apply.
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer