As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We’re seeking a high calibre Technical Recruiter to join the recruiting team. This role will interface and provide staffing consultation to Hiring Managers, Recruiters, candidates and employees from various departments and different divisions of Pivotal. The ideal candidate exhibits a high attention to detail, patience, teamwork, motivation and an upbeat attitude. This is a contract position based in our Toronto office.
Responsible for recruitment, screening and selection of candidates for salaried and hourly technical, non-technical, management and administrative positions in the Toronto office. May also be responsible for hiring contractors and temporary employees.
- Broad application of recruiting tactics, theories, and concepts.
- Build recruiting strategy for each position leveraging experience and knowledge to attain high results in efficient time.
- Exercise current recruiting methods and create innovative ones to attract the best and brightest talent.
- Represent the company externally via local recruiting-related events, Meet-Ups, socials, and conferences.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside contacts. Represents the organization on projects and may perform in a project leadership role.
- Consistently communicate and partner with business units and leaders- maintaining a high pace of communication and transparency. Evangelize the recruiting team, recruiting programs, and recruiting support within office leadership.
- Contributes to the development of organization’s goals and objectives.
- Will represent the broader Recruiting organization in the office, often working independently (but with constant support from the team) to make decisions, act effectively, and do the right thing.
- Partner closely with our HR Team on ensuring local employment laws, regulations, and guidance is adhered to, while making sure to create an exemplary candidate experience.
- Work with local Universities and institutions to engage Interns and Co-Ops, and build key relationships with faculty.
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices.
- May have some travel within North America and abroad.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years proven recruiting experience in a technical environment implementing a wide range of staffing programs.
- Software engineering knowledge in web/mobile applications.
- Experience recruiting for all levels and roles from administrative to management.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and implement effective recruiting strategies.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with an ATS preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Google Mail, Drive, Calendar.
- Someone who’s fun, believes in a work hard/play hard atmosphere, likes an ever-changing challenge, and has a high sense of teamwork and collaboration.
Click here to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email show contact info or callshow contact info ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).