As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We are currently looking for a talented Sr. Finance Analyst to join our Finance & Accounting Team in our San Francisco headquarters.
In this critical role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the FP&A team, expanding the financial flexibility and decision support to a rapidly growing, pre-IPO venture in the SW and services industry. This role will provide analytical support to our lines of business and to corporate Finance. Your contributions will fundamentally impact the business processes, results and overall efficiency of both finance and operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally with all personnel in finance and non-finance organizations
• Proactively develop key financial analysis and insights to help enable the company meet its quarterly and annual targets, and strategic objectives
• Understand and communicate financial results and trends to business management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results differ from plan
• Play a key role in all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and closes
• Responsibilities to include customer and revenue analysis of our SW and Services business, profitability tracking and areas for improvement, P&L modeling and monthly budget to actual analysis
• Ability to perform complex ad hoc analysis
• Assists in financial modeling and presentation support
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• 5-7 years of experience in Finance, preferably in technology with background in SW and services
• Extensive modeling and analytic capabilities
• Proven ability to problem solve
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint, SAP
Interested in becoming a Pivot? Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter.
Click here to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.