The Pivotal Analytics engineering team is looking for great engineers to join us in building an analytics platform that transforms how the world exploits data.
You love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run. Maybe you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills.
Either way, you judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning about data: visualization, distributed systems, and analytics; and you are excited to do it all at large scale.
Pivotal Analytics is co-developed with Pivotal Labs, a leader in the field of agile software development. We are opinionated about how software should be built. We pair program, all-day every-day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. We work in small teams, and rotate between them regularly. We believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus.
To make sure you start your day energized, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks are available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented, like-minded Pivots who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks, playing ping pong, and hanging out with their co-workers on beer night.
We’re seeking more amazing developers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Big Data – Sharding, indexing, data locality, and related topics among Hadoop and MPP technologies.
- Fast Data – High-throughput ingestion and interactive analysis, using in-memory data grids and streaming computation frameworks.
- Visualization – Graphs, charts, heat maps, and more all atop web technologies.
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Ability to dive into a polyglot codebase and contribute while learning
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Pivotal is an equal opportunity employer.