The Cloud Foundry engineering team is looking for a few great Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to join us in running a platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software.
You have a passion for large distributed systems, next generation provisioning and orchestration tools, and wringing everything you can get out of an IaaS. You are a pathological automator. You might never have held the title SRE; you might have been a senior admin, a release engineer, or just the person who knows how to run everything. You are systematic in making changes; you don’t just patch and poke.
Above all, you love running large-scale systems and you know you can’t do it alone. You’d rather work on an integrated team with SREs, release engineers, and programmers than alone in a cubicle. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
Cloud Foundry is an open source project co-developed with Pivotal Labs, a leader in the field of agile software development. We are opinionated about how software should be built. We pair program, all-day every-day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. We test drive code, automate all our regression tests, and continuously integrate. We work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently. We are committed to building systems that work without heroics.
We recognize that agile is not just for software development. Our cloud operations group is discovering new ways to operate systems using agile principles and practices such as pairing and test-driven development.
We work at a sustainable pace. Our days are intense, but we also make sure people have time off to relax, recharge, and refocus.
Cloud Foundry engineering is located in San Francisco, in our SOMA office near 4th and Howard St. To make sure you start your day energized, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks/drinks are of course available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented, like-minded engineers who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks, playing ping pong, and hanging out with their co-workers.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Senior System Administrator on the SAGE scale
- Strong background with CentOS and/or Ubuntu
- Experience running Internet facing or SLA’d auto-deployed environments
- Background automating AWS, Openstack or VMware
- Solid source code control management skills, particularly with a distributed SCM like Git
- Can follow a stack traces back to code and come up with a root cause
- Trouble-shooting in very complex distributed environments
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Desire to work in a “learning organization”
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter to tell us why Cloud Foundry is a good fit for you, and why you are a good fit for Cloud Foundry.