Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software.
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
Pivotal Labs Toronto leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Pivotal Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Pivotal Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
- Elegantly bring designs to life using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Work with smart, collaborative people in a pair-programming/ Agile environment
- Work with huge data sets – capture and manipulate large data sets
- Write beautiful, test-driven code using best practices
- Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches into real things
- Contribute to agile development on iteratively developed projects
- Write clean and extensible RESTful APIs that will be used by many developers
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience plus fit in an Agile development environment (TDD, pair programming)
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Exceptional software engineering knowledge
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Able to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Strong communication skills in a pair-programming environment
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails and strength in all the Rails fundamentals
- Experience in web front-end development a plus
- Experience deploying to cloud environments preferred
Apply with your Resume and Cover Letter Here