As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
In addition to our software development and UX design practices, Pivotal Labs now offers Product Management services to our clients. We serve as interim product managers for clients who are looking to build successful products quickly. We work closely with founders, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and customers to ensure the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
- Work closely with Pivotal clients to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Mentor and train client PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills
- Identify potential client success stories and share with Pivotal marketing team
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with web-based products
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking amazing Product Managers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.
Click here to apply.
Pivotal Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.