As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
In addition to our software development and UX design practices, Pivotal Labs now offers Product Management services to our clients. We serve as interim product managers for clients who are looking to build successful products quickly. We work closely with founders, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and customers to ensure the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Work closely with Pivotal clients to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Mentor and train client PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills
- Identify potential client success stories and share with Pivotal marketing team
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking amazing Product Managers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with web-based products
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pivotal Software, Inc. (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. As a global employer, this commitment includes complying with all laws in the countries in which we operate. But we believe equal employment practices should not be limited to what the law requires. Equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OBLIGATIONS AS A U.S. GOVERNMENT FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
As a U.S. federal government contractor, Pivotal is committed to meet its affirmative action obligations to make good faith efforts to expand the pool of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans through outreach, recruitment, training opportunities and other activities. We affirm this commitment annually in Pivotal’s EEO and Affirmative Action Policy. The full text of our affirmative action program is available for inspection in the Human Resources Compliance Office during normal business hours. Please contact Pivotal’s HR Compliance Office to schedule an appointment through EMC.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation at any stage of the employment application process, please send an email to HRComplianceOffice@emc.com including your name, a detailed description of your requested accommodation, and the best method to contact you. If you have already reviewed a job posting or submitted an application for a job, you must include the requisition number. We will assist you and make a determination on your accommodation request on a case-by-case basis. Pivotal will respond only to inquiries related to requests for accommodation by applicants with disabilities.
EEO is the Law