Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software.
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
Pivotal Labs Toronto leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Pivotal Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Pivotal Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
- Elegantly bring designs to life using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Write beautiful, test-driven code using best practices
- Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches into real things
- Work with smart, collaborative people who are passionate about open source, building platforms, and using latest technologies
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional software engineering knowledge
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a pair-programming environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Proficiency with frontend UI JS frameworks like JQuery
- Require .js (or other module/ package managers)
- Experience with Git (and GitHub), Subversion, or similar SCM tools is highly desirable
- Experience with other scripting languages particularly Ruby or Python is a plus
- Experience with responsive web design methodologies is highly desirable
- Experience with Mozilla Rhino scripting engine is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Node.js based server framework is highly desirable
Apply with your Resume and Cover Letter Here