Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software.
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
Pivotal Labs Toronto leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Pivotal Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Pivotal Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
You are a very hands-on Java Architect who values shipping quality code and builds every week. You are attentive to detail and learn quickly in an agile and pairing environment. As a Java Architect at Pivotal Labs, you’ll develop and launch world-class applications and experiences on the newest platforms (iOS, Android, WP7/8, BB10) with an uber-smart team of engineers, designers, product builders, and mobile strategists.
WHY PIVOTAL LABS TORONTO?
We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies.
We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, plus full benefits.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in design and development using J2EE server side and middleware technologies
- Must have contributed to a known Enterprise Java prominent software platform for over 1 year.
- Ideal candidate has acted in architect capacity in building an industry recognized platform with enterprise java as its base.
- At a minimum the candidate’s experience should be with a deployed/mature server-side Java platform that other developers from different organizations can build software applications on top of
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Senior engineering/architecture role in a startup also a plus- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with business and technology teams
- Strong knowledge of Java/J2EE (Core Java, J2EE, XML, Hibernate, Spring, Web Services).
- Working experience with database programming (SQL/Stored Procedures) in MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server
- Working knowledge of application servers (WebLogic/WebSphere)
- Experience in building extensible frame-works and SDK’s
- Experience in building server side platforms
- Knowledge of security technologies such as LDAP, OAuth, and SSO
- Knowledge of messaging middle-ware and standards such JMS
- Hands on experience with Spring MVC (emphasis on RESTful JSON)
- Experience with with Eclipse IDE or STS, and CI
- Experience with TDD, and source version control such as Git, SVN or CVS
Interested in becoming a Pivot? Please apply by submitting your Resume and Cover Letter.
Click here to apply.
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer