As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
Pivotal Labs Toronto leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Pivotal Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Pivotal Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
WHY PIVOTAL LABS TORONTO?
- We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/clients/)
- We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
- We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
- We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, plus full benefits.
Pivotal Labs Toronto is seeking JEE Web Developers who have the ability and desire to work in all aspects of application delivery. Ideal candidates should have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and are willing to work in a paired environment.
- 5+ years of web front-end development experience
- Experience plus fit in an Agile development environment (TDD, pair programming)
- Liferay Portal (or some other Java Portal) a plus
- Experience with 1 or more relational database platforms (Oracle/MS SQL Server/MySQL/DB2/others).
- Exposure to ANT, Maven, Git, JUnit
- Monitor, fix problems and improve services running on our AWS server environments
- Large public facing website development experience
- Multiple browser support, specifically a site that supports mobile, IE and webkit browsers.
Apply with your Resume and Cover Letter Here