Pivotal is looking for a few great engineers who will help customers deploy Pivotal CF (Pivotal’s commercial release of Cloud Foundry). These engineers will onboard customers; they will help define the customer’s cloud architecture, assess candidate applications for migration, develop and migrate applications and related services, and train the customer.
- Must be a great written and verbal communicator
- Have a bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or a related discipline
- Ideally have prior experience in Consulting/Professional Services
- Must be willing to travel (travel is required for a significant portion of time)
Technical Skills- Required
- 2+ years experience in software development, preferably enterprise applications using Java
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience developing stateless, horizontally scalable, and fault-tolerant applications
Technical Skills- Preferred
- Experience with Spring MVC
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP), messaging platforms (such as RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS)
- RDBMS expertise
- Experience with SOA and RESTful architecture
- Experience with NoSQL technologies, such as Cassandra or MongoDB)
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as Ruby, PHP, Python (in addition to Javs)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, leveraging EC2, EBS, and S3
- OpenStack IaaS experience
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- 1+ years Hadoop infrastructure experience
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal One, a comprehensive solution that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed. Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting.
Apply by sending us a resume and cover letter!