Pivotal is looking for a few great engineers who will help customers deploy Pivotal CF (Pivotal’s commercial release of Cloud Foundry). These engineers will onboard customers; they will help define the customer’s cloud architecture, assess candidate applications for migration, develop and migrate applications and related services, and train the customer.
- Must be a great written and verbal communicator
- Have a bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or a related discipline
- Ideally have prior experience in Consulting/Professional Services
- Must be willing to travel (travel is required for a significant portion of time)
Technical Skills- Required
- 2+ years experience in software development, preferably enterprise applications using Java
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience developing stateless, horizontally scalable, and fault-tolerant applications
Technical Skills- Preferred
- Experience with Spring MVC
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP), messaging platforms (such as RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS)
- RDBMS expertise
- Experience with SOA and RESTful architecture
- Experience with NoSQL technologies, such as Cassandra or MongoDB)
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as Ruby, PHP, Python (in addition to Javs)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, leveraging EC2, EBS, and S3
- OpenStack IaaS experience
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- 1+ years Hadoop infrastructure experience
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal One, a comprehensive solution that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed. Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting.
Apply by sending us a resume and cover letter!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.