Pivotal is looking for a few great engineers who will help customers deploy Pivotal CF (Pivotal’s commercial release of Cloud Foundry). These engineers will onboard customers; they will help define the customer’s cloud architecture, install and configure Pivotal Cloud Foundry on the customer’s IaaS ,and train the customer.
- Must be a great written and verbal communicator
- Have a bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or a related discipline
- Ideally have prior experience in Consulting/Professional Services
- Must be willing to travel (travel is required for a significant portion of time)
Technical Skills- Required
- 2+ years VMware vSphere / ESXi / ESX experience
- 2+ years experience in datacenter operations
- 2+ years experience in network administration, production database support or website support
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
Technical Skills- Preferred
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, leveraging EC2, EBS, and S3
- OpenStack IaaS experience
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- 1+ years Hadoop infrastructure experience
- 2+ years experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic etc.)
Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. It starts with Pivotal One, a comprehensive solution that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, a turnkey platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications on a private cloud that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate with disruptive speed. Pivotal, committed to open source and open standards, is a leading provider of application and data infrastructure software, agile development services, and data science consulting.
Apply be sending us a resume and cover letter!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.