Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software.
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
Pivotal Labs Toronto leads the world in creating the best mobile, tablet and smart TV experiences for the most trusted companies across the globe. All projects are handled in-house by our talented engineering, design, business development, QA and U/X teams.
For client projects, Pivotal Labs starts with a client’s wish list and then employs a unique development methodology that promotes collaboration, customer involvement and flexibility. For internal projects, Pivotal Labs partners with experts in specific field areas (healthcare, advertising networks, education, etc.) and builds game changing experiences on smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
We challenge the conventional wisdom that speed and quality are opposing forces by always delivering on both.
Our portfolio of platforms includes:
* Android, Android tablets and Google TV
* BlackBerry and PlayBook
* Django, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java (rarely JEE though)
* iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Windows Phone/Windows Slate
WHY PIVOTAL LABS TORONTO?
- We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies. (see http://www.xtremelabs.com/clients/)
- We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
- We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
- We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, plus full benefits.
- Testing all client projects as part of weekly builds
- Creating and re-prioritizing bugs for the internal teams
- Automating the process of building, testing and reporting for quality assurance
- Being part of the quality team on various projects from the very start
- Meeting project deadlines to ensure products are released on schedule
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Mobile device testing experience
- Experience or interest plus fit in an Agile testing environment
- Strong communication skills in a client-services environment
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell).
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Deep knowledge of internet and mobile technologies
- Previous experience in testing for mobile, Pivotal Tracker, JIRA a plus
- Mobile automation or Google Apps automation experience a plus
Apply with your Resume and Cover Letter Here
Pivotal Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer