Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We Can Go Fast Forever
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
We Court Perfection
Working at Pivotal means you get better at what you already do well. We set up regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it. We consistently practice Test Driven Development, which results in high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. And we believe that methodical, steady, relentless forward momentum drives consistent results.
Get Breakfast Everyday, And Get Paid to Master The Latest Technologies
To make sure you start your day energized, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks are available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented, like-minded Pivots who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks, playing ping pong, and hanging out with their co-workers on beer night.
You are a very hands-on technical tester who values shipping quality builds every week. With a keen ability to find bugs on mobile devices, you are attentive to detail and learn quickly in an agile development environment. You know everything about the latest Androids and the newest nuances on iOS and want to track down the nitty-gritty details in shipping a great app. As an Agile Test Engineer at Pivotal Labs, you’ll test world-class applications and experiences on the newest platforms (iOS, Android, WP, BB10) with an uber-smart team of engineers, designers, product builders, and mobile strategists.
Why Pivotal Labs Toronto?
- We are a legendary development shop (as seen on TechCrunch) with a top engineering team with degrees from University of Waterloo and Toronto who work with and advise some of the top tech companies.
- We do great work with the world’s best clients and brands that win awards, hearts and are at the forefront of mobile.
- We are located in the heart of downtown as a noted hub of the Toronto tech community.
- We’ve got great benefits: catered breakfast, a great location, plus full benefits.
- Perform weekly story verification on various projects in an Agile development environment
- Perform exploratory testing on client projects through QA methodologies, such as the use of charters
- Implement automation scripts for mobile apps and desktop websites to enhance efficiency of Release Candidate testing
- Discover show stopper bugs and find reproduction steps to crashes
- Discover defects/bugs and creating detailed bug reports in Pivotal Tracker
- Collaborate with PM and development team to prioritize defects/bugs on active projects
- Work on multiple projects on a weekly basis to ensure high quality builds are delivered to our clients
- Meeting project deadlines to ensure products are released within schedule
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Mobile device testing experience, or an interest in it
- 1 year of programming experience in languages such as Java, C#, C++
- Experience or interest in an Agile testing environment
- Strong communication skills in a client-services environment
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Internet and mobile technologies
- Previous experience in testing for mobile, Pivotal Tracker, JIRA a plus
- Mobile automation or Google Apps automation experience a plus
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking more amazing Testers to add to our Toronto team. Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.