Happy Holidays from NYC!
- Someone noticed that rspec’s
returns false when the spec passes, whereas
when it passes. This has unexpected results when a
used within a Webrat
wait_forloop (code here)
— wait_for loops until its body returns true. Fail!
- John Resig has implemented a
jQuery.requiremethod that should be
in the next release. Check out the commit and the lengthy
discussion here. Everyone’s a critic.
- One Pivotal project that recently switched from MySQL to Postgres
noticed that PG sorts NULL values differently than MySQL. The
default in PG is NULLS FIRST when ordering DESC, and NULLS LAST
otherwise. You can override this behavior by using a NULLS FIRST or
NULLS LAST clause in your ORDER BY.
- Someone was reminded the hard way that Ruby’s
rescue, by default,
only catches exceptions inherited from StandardError.
- Does anyone know of a service or library that will convert an email
into a tracker story? The use case is stake holders who send
UI/UX requirements within emails with attachments, etc.