At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Fanhattan is looking for a Lead Back-end Software Engineer to join their team in San Mateo, California. The full job posting follows.
Fanhattan is a service that will inspire you to discover all the world’s entertainment. On launch in mid 2011, Fanhattan will bring a new approach to entertainment discovery by helping you browse all the world’s movies and TV shows with a simple and elegant user experience – in the living room, on the web, and on the go. The service will encourage exploration by combining movies and TV shows with an expansive world of related content, visual assets, and information pulled from the web that bring entertainment to life. Finally, Fanhattan will give you the most comprehensive set of options on where to find the entertainment you want across the top digital media providers.
If digital entertainment is your passion, Fanhattan is for you: an obsession for user experience, disruptive technology, high-profile investors, and an experienced team of designers, engineers, and executives from both the technology and entertainment industries.
Fanhattan is headquartered 3,000 miles away from the East Side of Manhattan, in downtown San Mateo.
The Fanhattan Engineering team is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Back-End Engineering lead with experience in leading a team in creating a sustainable database and a robust and flexible API that will serve multiple devices.
This role entails leading a team of 3-4 engineers as well as hands-on coding. Occasional travel may be necessary.
If you’re passionate about building the next wave of immersive experiences around digital media and consumer electronics devices, this role is for you.
Skills and Experience
A strong candidate for this role will match many of these criteria:
- Strong experience leading Agile development
- Synthesize priorities – work collaboratively with leads from Product Management, Operations, and Marketing to internalize business needs and drive priorities for the team.
- Scheduling – prioritize projects, set achievable, motivating, stretch goals, and manage the team to hitting the deadlines
- Some experience working with our technology stack (Ruby/Sinatra/Unicorn, jQuery, MongoDB, Solr/Sunspot, Varnish, nginx) or similar
- You are a doer and a leader who can shift from one role to another as your teamgrows
- Demonstrated passion for digital media technologies.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the label “Lead Software Engineer – Backend”, followed by your first and last name, in the subject line.