At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Below is the job description for a DevOps engineer with Case Commons. Case Commons’ mission is to transform public sector human services through user-centered design & technology. They’re pursuing this vision through the development of Casebook – the first collaborative, family-centered case management system for child welfare, enabling workers serving the most vulnerable families and children to be more effective and efficient via new web-based software tools.
Case Commons is hiring – here’s why you want to work there:
DevOps Engineer at Case Commons
Our product positively impacts lives
We want to help kids who are at risk. We also want to help the people who are trying to help those kids. We accomplish these goals through web-based, user-centered software via our product, Casebook.
Help us solve real problems
This is not your average informational or e-commerce Ruby on Rails application. It is a distinctive application with deep workflows, intricate modeling and statistical analysis. We’re as Agile as they come. Our platform is written utilizing 100% Open Source frameworks and tools.
What you will do
- Maintain the health, stability and security of our growing production cluster
- Produce, enhance and execute our deployment automated scripts
- Install, upgrade and augment server and application monitoring
- Work in concert with the development teams to troubleshoot production issues
- Collaborate with development and QA to tune our production cluster
- Maintain the health and stability of our continuous Integration cluster
What you will enjoy
- Pair programming
- Pair with Pivots (Pivotal Labs is our partner)
- Agile work environment
- Working on one of the largest Ruby on Rails applications in the world (seriously!)
- Daily catered breakfast
- Stocked beer fridge as well as micro-brew from our own aficionados
- Full kitchen
- Ping pong and other work/life balance tools
- Brown bag presentations
- Open work environment, shoes optional
- Opportunity to creatively solve difficult problems
- Union Square location
- Full benefits package, 401k matching, 20 vacation days, 11 company holidays, 4 personal days, 5 sick days
- The opportunity to work on a product that will transform lives
- Not only work on cutting-edge and innovative technology but feel good about what we’re doing as a company (food for the soul)
What you will have
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in Systems Administration or 2+ years in DevOps
- Software deployment experience
- Strong Linux/Unix system administration
- PostgreSQL and replication strategies
- Strong Network Administration
- HA-NFS and replication strategies
- Fundamental understanding of cryptography and security best practices
To be considered, please click here.