- Ruby Gotcha: Extending non-existent class displays confusing error message
class Foo < DontExist
it “works” do
uninitialized constant Foo (NameError)
very confusing to say the least. I would have expected the NameError to show that DontExist didn’t exist.
- Recommended MySQL master-slave gem?
We want to set up our database in a master-slave setup and would like to know what gem is currently recommended.
Answer according to Palermo: Don’t use MySQL master-slave
- Experiences running Redis in Master/Slave setup?
Our client wants to run Redis with a Master/Slave setup. Has anyone ever done this? What experiences did you make?
Answer according to Davis:
There are 2 options, Redis Cluster which is complete vaporware and Redis Sentinel which is recently released. TLDR: Redis Sentinel
- Google offers MySQL cloudy cloud
MySQL in the Google Cloud – Now you can use Google App Engine without being stuck with a key-value data store.
(Title: 09/05/12: Better Late Than Never)
- Daniel Onggunhao – new intern from Stanford
- Aaron Levine – New Pivot
- If you haven’t yet, please respond to blogging survey
About 27 responses so far – even if you aren’t interested in reading or writing blogs, that’s still good to know, so please respond.
During the usual pair exchange we’ll have two great projects for you to help out on! For Open Counter, see Vinicius, for Open 311 see Matt Royal
Come and pair on personal or open source projects! Refreshments provided. Pivots only.