How do I test a custom will_paginate renderer?
If using RSpec, test the custom render in a helper spec by using helper.will_paginate and the options you need to test your rendering settings.
When testing with Devise, my custom Devise views are not loading in the specs, instead Devise’s default views are. Why?
- When using Devise in integration test, users were logged in when they shouldn’t have been. The culprit was that in the integration test there was before block that logged a user in and in the same scope a pending test. The logged in user was never officially logged in, so later in the test suite a view that did not require login had a logged in user. Be careful how you log in users and clean your session!
“Does Postgres have an equivalent MySql Myisam high write performance?”
A Pivot was wondering what settings in Postgres can be enabled for high performance INSERTs (willing to sacrafice SELECT performance on said table).
“Why is Paperclip giving a Stream close error when in development?”
When using Paperclip in development, any file upload results in a Stream IOError. Trying to replicate the problem with Paperclip on its own causes no problems, so it appears to be a conflicting library.
- An update to yesterday’s Rubymine font size issue. The file drawer can not be specifically updated, but the overall system font can be under Preferences > Appearance > Fontsize. Make sure to restart Rubymine.
- Google Voice has been added as a service on to GMail. Make phone calls for free to anywhere in the US from your browser.
- An update to yesterday’s Safari ‘Back’ button issue. Safari caches the previous ajax call (dubbed ajax zombie) when going back to a previous page. The fix had to do with changing Rails default “Cache-control” header to be “no-store”.
“How does Mobile Safari handle the back button?”
When pressing the back button in Mobile Safari can cause the access to the DOM to be lost. It appears to happen because of resources of “forward” facing pages taking over the cache.
“How to set the font size on RubyMine project (file) drawer?”
With the increasing size of resolution on monitors, some of are experiencing the small font issue. Is there a setting to control the RubyMine project browser?
- Updating ImageMagick from 6.6.1 to 6.6.3 fixes a bug with color palette when trying to resize images using Paperclip.
- Rails 3 RC2 has dropped fixing many bugs and this much closer to the final release. The Rails team would like to find any blockers specifically in Bundler and ARel.