- Rails gotcha: with ActiveRecord.findXXX, you can specify query parameters such as
:include. But if you use those three together Rails will generate an incorrect query.
- Rspec 1.0 has been released.
Ask for Help
- Yahoo’s Geolocation service is broken after they released a new version if their code. Zip code searching in particular significantly broken — discussion thread here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/yws-maps/message/5468 — here is an example:
- Search for a zip code using the following URL: http://local.yahooapis.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?appid=YahooDemo&location=94102
- Result (notice the bad State and Zip tags):
<ResultSet xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="urn:yahoo:maps"
<City>San Francisco, CA 94102
<!-- ws05.search.re2.yahoo.com compressed/chunked Thu May 17 15:02:00 PDT 2007 -->
This is fixed! Thanks, Yahoo!
If you are missing the Rspec gem, you specs will fail silently. It’s a good way waste a few hours trying to figure out what’s wrong.
- MoniTwitter is live! Check out the coolest site-monitoring mash-up in the history of site-monitoring mash-ups!
- When you use
:dependent => :destroy to cascade deletes, make sure you test them well! This really saved our bacon during a major rafactoring.
Ask for Help
- “I always forget how to submit an HTML form with a link in Rails…” Here you go!
<%= link_to_function('Link Name', "$('form_id').submit()") %>
Total Stand-up Meeting Time: 20:00 minutes
Latest news from the “cool new stuff” front:
Total Stand-up Meeting Time: 9:00 minutes