- Rubymine broken Cmd-E
Seems like the dialog that shows recent files is very broken. If you are experiencing the same problem: go here to +1 the issue http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-11460 .
- heroku pgbackup -> pgrestore does not do what you think it should do.
Confirmed by Heroku:
- Make a backup of production, get a url
- Restore the backup (’url’) into staging
- Deploy next release candidate, run migrations, some things fail, but table “x” is created
- Fix the code, commit, etc.
- Restore the backup (’url’) into staging (recreate url if necessary)
- Deploy the next release candidate, run migrations, migrations fail because table “x” already exists
- Scratch head
The fix (also from Heroku):
- Run a
heroku pg:reseton the target db before importing to force clean the db.
Considering database provisioning is nearly instantaneous for most users, restoring into a fresh database is best practice, and we will work towards making that the default option in the future.
IDE in the cloud where you get your local workspace over SSH/FTP. Explicitly mentions pair programming throughout the site.