- Active Record belongs_to will not raise an exception if you haven’t run a migration to create the foreign record column. Instead it will assign a virtual attribute that persists through object reloads, but obviously not a fetch. Watch out!
- RSpec was not raising an exception when some of our pivots were calling update_attributes with an attribute that didn’t exist. Debugging inline and using the command line will raise exceptions. So again, watch out!
- The first parameter on an RSpec double is arbitrary in nature, but helps other developers understand what you’re thinking. Keep everyone happy by naming it something useful.
- Our Pivots dominated at dodgeball last night, with Cathy taking out the other team in a sudden death gladiator round. We’ll be keeping the dream alive Monday next week.
- Some pivots need after deploy tasks to run on their heroku instances. Suggestions were to check out heroku_san which has support for additional tasks and great hooks (it’s also well tested!)
- One of the projects is having trouble setting up firesass with the Rails 3.2 asset pipeline and bootstrap-sass gem